About the Job
Synthesis is a research-based drug discovery and custom synthesis
company located in
Title: Senior Scientist (Job Code; P-C0219)
Full-time Senior scientist position responsible for performing organic chemistry for antibiotic development and SAR(structure-activity relationship) study.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the design, synthesis and purification of biologically active compounds.
- Characterize compounds using analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, LCMS and NMR.
- Provide a chemistry-based technical resource and conducts scientific troubleshooting.
- Proposes novel approaches to scientific challenges.
- Compiles manuscripts, patents and presentations.
- Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports.
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry.
- 2-5 or more years' post-doc. or equivalent industrial experience.
- Must be proficient in HPLC, LCMS and NMR
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Prior experience in Carbapenem class of antibiotic discovery.
Salary and Benefits:
FOB Synthesis Inc. offers a competitive salary and comprehensive.
Interested candidates send a CV and references to:
Phone: (404) 601-1414
Fax: (404) 601-1411